Thursday, 12 March 2015

My Current | Brows & Lids



Finding a daily routine that you are happy with can be tricky, but I have found myself gravitating to the same brow and liner look for a while now so thought I would share!

Now in no way am I saying my make up is perfect, it is far from it, I am still working on my ideal brows but I think I am nearing the shape for me & find the products used to create this look are super affordable, easy to get hold of and in my opinion a great starting point for defined brows and sleek, flicked liner.

For brows, I use the Makeup Revolution Brow Dual Ultra Brow Arch & Shape Medium which is a double ended brow pencil and felt tip. For £3.50 this is incredible! The pencil in particular is incredibly pigmented and used with a light hand can create a really natural brow but can equally be built for a stronger look.

I start by using the felt tip end, lightly filling in my brows in the slightly sparser areas and create a slight outline on the bottom arch. I find that the pen end does collect any foundation which may have found its way onto the hairs and this does effect the colour pay off, however as I use this as a base I am not all that bothered. Drawing a few lines on the back of your hand will take off most of the product and you should see the colour of the pen coming through again. I would say that you may not even need to use the pen side of the Brow Dual, I have used the pencil side alone and like the results equally - it just depends on how much time you have or your personal preference.

Once I have lightly filled in my brows, I use the pencil side to build the colour and shape of the arch. The consistency of the pencil is lovely and smooth with a slight waxy texture. This keeps the hairs nicely in place and doesn't look too false. I think its quite apparent that I have filled my brows in in the above photos, but in my opinion I wouldn't say I have the famous scouse brow slug trailing across my forehead, just a defined, darkened brow which balances out my rather round moon head!!

One tip I would say with the Brow Dual is to make sure you use the pen first or just go straight in with the pencil. I have found that by using the pen after the pencil takes off the product you have so carefully applied. Not only is this annoying but it wastes time and effort and ultimately the pencil.

The Brow Dual comes in four shades; Fair, Medium, Dark & Darkest. I would say I have quite a dark but golden brown head of hair and find that Medium is a good match for me. The duo isn't red or purple toned which is such a plus, it is a true brown however is quite a dark shade for being 'medium' in name, I would be interested in seeing how dark Fair is in comparison . I would recommend Medium to most who wanted to use this product unless you hair is borderline black or darker or if you prefer a more obvious look.

To line my eyes and create flicks, I have been using the Makeup Revolution Awesome Double Flick Thick & Thin liner. Again, as the name would suggest,  this is a double ended product with a thin felt tip nib on one end and a slightly thicker nib on the other. The liner is a true, deep black and stays this way for the whole day. It doesn't start to fade, peel or have a grey/silver sheen and has great staying power too. Gentle rubbing doesn't really budge the liner once dried but comes off well with make up remover so you aren't going to be scrubbing your eyes to get it off.

The application of the liner is really, really good! One of the best, if not THE best I have used. The thin felt pen enables super precise flicks but the thicker tip can create thin lines also. They apply nicely directly to the lash line or over the top of eye shadows without effecting the black pigmentation.

The liner also retails at £3.50 and for the quality of the product, I don't see why you need to reach for anything else! I was quite sceptical with the longevity of the Awesome Double Flick, thinking it would dry up really quickly or it wouldn't last well on the lid but I am so impressed. The nibs are just as *cringe word warning...* moist a month on since first using the liner and can't see them running out any time soon! The efficiency of both ends means you get more bang for your buck.

For me, this combo is a win win - affordable, accessible (you can buy online or pop into Superdrug) and most importantly they work!

Makeup Revolution has really impressed me and there are definitely going to be more reviews of their products in the future. This post has not been sponsored, and to my knowledge they were not aware I blogged about beauty, but in my first order they sent me lots of free items all of which have accompanied my makeup collection perfectly. I am not too sure what other brands would do that? And to whoever popped those lovely extra's into my delivery - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Have you tried the liner or brow pen or any other Revolution products? What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. I wish I was as brave as you to do snazzy bold eyebrows aha. I bought some makeup revolution eye shadow a few months back and I was surprisingly impressed! So much so, I popped back for another mini palette! Your eye liner flick is on point, I am super envious of your perfectly formed eyelids xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was as brave as you to do snazzy bold eyebrows aha. I bought some makeup revolution eye shadow a few months back and I was surprisingly impressed! So much so, I popped back for another mini palette! Your eye liner flick is on point, I am super envious of your perfectly formed eyelids xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking gorgeous as ever!
    can't beat good brows and a cat eye meooooww!

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete