Tuesday, 13 January 2015

A Gift Set Guide to the Guy-laxy*

Valentines day is kind of a love it / hate it kind of celebration, people either enjoy basking in a day full of mush whilst other watch on with a mouthful of last nights dinner. Personally I am all for it!!

Don't get me wrong, I think you should give affection to your loved one regularly and show them in other ways than buying them something to show them you care. But as one who LOVES an excuse to buy presents and wrap things in pretty paper and ribbons, I shall definitely be getting James a little something something this year.

So, if you too would like to treat your Mr. Lover Lover this V Day, House of Fraser have an excellent selection of gift sets - here are my top 5 :)



1. Bulldog Skincare Kit For Men
James was bought this set for Christmas from my Mumma and he has really enjoyed using it so far. For a chap that isn't really bothered about skin care, he has reached for this a few times now and the handy bag means he can keep his nick naks in one neat and tidy place (which means more bathroom space for me!) Also, it smells REALLY nice whilst making his skin look fresh and clean.
For a face wash, scrub and moisturiser, its a really great, affordable set - perfect for those who might want to dip their toes into the pool of skincare

2. Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau De Toilette
I have never known a guy to not like a nice aftershave and one of my favourites is Paco Rabanne 1 Million. This set contains a 100ml tube of the shower gel along with a 50ml bottle of the fragrance itself to make your bf smell delish from head to toe

3. Jo Malone Cologne Duo Gift Set
I don't know about buying this for James, I want this for myself! What a gorgeous set!
Jo Malone is such an iconic brand renowned for its delicious fragrances. This gift set includes a 30ml Pomegranate Noir Cologne and a 30ml English Pear & Freesia Cologne which you can wear individually or layered to create something a little more bespoke.
It also looks amazing on his bedside table and will no doubt make its way onto yours in no time!

4. Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
Take it from me, this fragrance is so nice! James has repurchased this twice now since he got a nasal man crush on a fellow Issey Miyake lover, which I think must be a rarity? In the land of girls I think it's quite common to ask where another female has purchased [insert delish new must have item that she has and you don't here] and then go on a frantic hunt to find it yourself, but I can't imagine boys doing so? Do they? I would like to know!!
Any whoooooo - the bottle is huge lasts for ages. It smells really hunky if that can even describe a scent and comes with a shower gel AND after-shave balm too. If James didn't already have this, this set would be number 1 on my list of bits to get him

5. Baylis & Harding Citrus, Lime and Mint Large Box Set
This set would be great for gym lovers. In this box is everything he would need post work out to have him smelling fresh again ready for snuggles with you!
With a hair and body wash, shower gel, shave balm and face wash, he is good to go. The packaging looks a lot higher end than the price for the set which is always a bonus and the scent sounds mouthwatering. A no brainer!

I hope you have found inspiration in this post. Do you have any sets in mind you are thinking of giving this V Day? What's your favourite pick from the 5 above?


Byeee xo

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the mens Paco Rabanne! Definately might purchase one of these for my boyfriend! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete