Thursday, 4 December 2014

The Christmas Tag



Slippers on, hot drink at the ready & your favourite festive song playing - its Christmas Tag time!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
I am really trying to think of just one.. of course I love Elf and Home Alone is pretty good too, but I do love love love Scrooge. And The Holiday. And Love Actually. And Miracle on 34th Street. Ugh picking one just means doing all the other an injustice. I LOVE THEM ALL!!

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning always and forever. When I lived at home I would always get up really early with my sister and we would run down stairs at like 6.30am screaming at all the presents that had miraculously been delivered under the tree whilst we tried to sleep. Yes I am 23 and yes I am totally heart broken that I won't be doing that this year. Something tells me James wouldn't quite see the magic in me running downstairs screaming my head off at all the presents I have wrapped myself aha!

3. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I have never tried egg nog, but something tells me that is what a Snow Ball is? And I LOVE Snow Balls with advocate and lemonade and a little glacé cherry. Mhmmm honey bee, get me one of those please!

4. Favourite festive food?
Christmas dinner in general is literally life. But I adore the special sausage stuffing that only ever seems to be used at Christmas and Yorkshire puddings and roasted veg will always be my number one. Oh and pigs in blankets. I am just making myself sound like a whale aren't I :)

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
From my whole entire life? Without a doubt would of been my little kitchen I got when I was really teeny tiny. I had it for years and adored it! I remember being so heartbroken when my Nanny decided I was too old for it and it was taken to the local nursery :( Them grubby fingered toddlers better of looked after it!

6. Where do you usually spend Christmas?
I come from separated parents but have never spent Christmas Day with my Dad, he gets a whole day of his own usually on the 27th. I would always spend it at my Nan and Grandads and then when my Mum remarried we went to his parents ever other year and on Boxing Day we would go to wherever we wasn't on Christmas Day. Sounds confusing doesn't it aha! Sadly my Nanny passed away so Christmas Day is now shared between my Mum and Aunty, this year it is at my Mummas :D Not so sadly - my mum is rid of her ex husband so we don't see his family any more and my time is split between seeing my mum and going to James' house.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Cosy nights in with films and drinks and treats. All my friends are keen to get me to go disco dancing but I have always stayed in and dread the idea of waking up on Christmas morning with the hangover from hell.

8. What tops your tree?
I got to buy all new decorations for our house this year which brought me uncapped amounts of happiness. To go with my rustic and retro theme I have going on in my living room, we have a star in a gorge bronzy colour with a little sprinkling of gold glitter on the top. It's a beaut!

9. Be honest, do you prefer giving gifts or receiving them?
I would be lying if I said I didn't love opening a pressie or two but I ADORE giving gifts more. I love spending the time picking out something for that special someone, wrapping it with pretty decorations and paper and bows and then watching the look on the receivers face when they are given it. Its such a nice feeling and I love it. Christmas is for giving!

10. Do you like to stay in your pj's or dress up for Christmas?
False eye lashes, heels, a new dress, full face of make up and hair curled. Dress up all the way! It's a once a year event in my family so we all tend to go all out and wear something a little more special.

11. What's your favourite Christmas song?
The Pogues Fairytale of New York & Jona Lewie Stop the Calvary. Such classics!

12. Do you get your shopping done early or leave it till the last minute?
I tend to be a late bloomer but this year I have flourished pretty quickly! I only have a few more little bits and bobs to get and then I am all set for a marathon of wrapping. I once stayed on till 3am perfecting my pressies!

13. The Tree: Fake or Real?
I've only ever had fake before when living with my beautiful Mumma, but James and I this year are going for the real thing.

14. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes but Christmas is for staying in, keeping cosy, getting a little tipsy, playing games and spending it with family

15. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Seeing the family all together and all the younger ones being spoiled. Someone in my family needs to pop some more children out as we are all growing up and I love little ones at Christmas time, all their little festive outfits and the excitement of what lies under the tree. Its just such a beautiful time of year and without a doubt my favourite. I hate when it is over but lucky for me due to having such a wide spread family, I get around 3 or four Christmas days WAHOO!!!

I hope you are all really looking forward to Christmas too and are excited for all the festivities! Be sure to let me know if you join in on the tag too and what your favourite thing about Christmas is!

Loads of love and festive wishes

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! I am so excited for christmas xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek it's so exciting isn't it! I hope you have a great Christmas xx

      Delete
  2. love actually is my all time favorite movie!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good film! So in the mood to watch it now :P x

      Delete
  3. I used to adore my little kitchen too haha. Slightly ironic now that I can't cook to save my life!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That did make me laugh! I suppose it's better to love your kitchen and give it a go rather than give up completely! Have a great Christmas sweet xxxx

      Delete
  4. Love these posts! Same here- I dress up all the way on christmas!
    www.geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete