Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends - The Sleek Restorer | First Impressions





I am a huge fan of caring for my hair and am partial to a lotion and potion or two to try and help keep dryness and split ends at bay. Usually I deep condition and finish with various oils and serums to keep it in check but fancied trying something new to mix it up a little.

Enter the new Garnier Ultimate Blends range. Packed with coconut oil (already a hair care fave of mine) and coca butter, this thick conditioning cream smells like a dream and feels really luxurious rubbed between the hands before it is distributed between the lengths of my hair.

After shampooing and conditioning, I ran a walnut sized blob (biscuit fans should aim for the size of a party ring) through the bottom half of my hair, paying particular attention to the ends and left it to mingle with the strands for roughly a minute.

I must admit that once the minute was up and it was time to wash it out, rather than feeling like silk, my hair felt a little clumpy and waxy. I was expecting my fingers to glide through silky soft locks and felt a little aprehensive once I let loose with the hair dryer.

I decided to skip any other products I usually use for styling, including heat spray to really see the results and found that drying my hair took a little longer than usual, I presume this would be the oils locking in moisture from showering.  Once near enough dry, I didn't see an overwhelming difference. My hair looked slightly smoother but shine and softness hadn't improved.

As my hair still seemed to be living the thug life, I opted to finish the styling process with straighteners. Here is where I feel the true results of the mask paid off! After sectioning and straightening my barnet as usual, my hair was salon soft. It moved as if I had just stepped out of the hairdressers and smelt delicious for a good few hours after.

Even though my hair isn't overly dry or frizzy which is what the product is advertised to tackle, sadly I do not think it has defeated the dryness I have on my ends. Although I have only used this product once, I have high hopes that the condition will improve after multiple uses and hopefully will lock in more moisture in washes to come.

I am definitely not a hater of the Ultimate Blends mask and am looking forward to using it in conjunction with other products to see what results I get, particularly the Organics Coconut Oil which so far works well with almost all products I use.

Have you tried any of the Ultimate Blends range and if so what would you recommend?


Follow Me
Twitter     |     Instagram     |     Bloglovin     |     Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I was interested to try these as I keep seeing the range! Will have to investigate. I just chopped all my hair off as it was in such terrible condition! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you will looooove the Sulfate free range from l'oréal it is perfect ! Both the conditioner and the shampoo :)

    Kisses

    http://cheerfullittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete