Monday, 1 September 2014

PixiRella at the Pictures | The Inbetweeners

After the huuuuuuge hype there has been recently about the Inbetweeners 2, I decided to take a little trip to my local Cineworld and see what all the fuss was about.


I have to say, I fear I am going to go against the grain here - I am rather disappointed. With many friends saying its 'laugh a minute funny' and ten times better than its predecessor, I was preparing myself for 96 minutes of belly laughing.


Without giving too much away for those who haven't seen it but are planning to; there are about 2 or three moments where I can safely say I was giggling, possibly one big chuckle, and a handful of sniggers. Yes it was good enough that I would watch it again, but I wont be buying the DVD nor would I take another visit, even on cheap Tuesday to the cinema. James felt the same. Surely we cant be the only ones?!


Of course there is loads of crude gags (which by the way I LOVE; gross, rude humour is right up my street) but the execution of it just wasn't right. I think the stereotypical 'lads' lingo was just a touch too dated. There is only so many times I can hear 'bants' before it gets old.


In comparison to the original film and the series, both of which I really enjoy, Inbetweeners 2 was a bit of a wet flannel of a film. I am sure if I watch it again there will be more moments that I didn't remember or didn't quite get the first time round, but first impressions are everything and this didn't make the cut!


One word of warning I shall leave you with - if you ever go camping and stumble across an unusual dip in a friends tent, don't go rummaging in the hole, it isn't bad tent positioning!!!!!


I hope that if you do still want to go see for yourself, that you enjoy it more than I did. For those of you that have watched the film, what did you think? Please someone say that they feel my pain?!!


xox

-

Follow Me
Twitter     |     Instgram     |     Bloglovin     |     Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it yet and I do want to but I'm worried it won't live up to my expectations, the series and the film were both so brilliant, when I found out they were making a second film I have to admit I thought they might have been better off leaving it on a high, rather than making so many average sequels like so many films do. I guess there's only way way I can find out!

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete