Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Fledging the Nest | Update



Hello everyone, I hope you are well and enjoying the last remaining days of Summer. I have already bought hats and scarfs and am pretty much living in boots so Summer has well and truly gone for me!

I know I have been such a blog neglecter of late. My schedule has well and truly flown out of the window and any hope of me finding one is looking bleak. I do, however, feel that moving out is a good enough excuse for the lack of posts and the stress of trying to get everything organised does take it out of you. Working full time alongside the mental exhaustion of getting my head around just the concept of moving out means that by the time I get home, have dinner and catch up with loved ones, I really haven't got the energy. I am going to work on this though. She said for the millionth time.

If you have read my post 'Spreading My Wings' then you will already know that James & I are moving into our first home together. EXCITMENTTTTT! We are still in the last stages of solicitor chasing and document signing but everything is slowing coming together and I feel a move in date is in sight!

To say that it has been a long process would be an understatement. Although I do not have any doubts about moving out, there are A LOT of things you take for granted whilst living with the 'rents and there is a lot that I am yet to prepare for. Hello world of bills and responsibilities aha!

There are so many things that I am excited about though; just to get stuck in with decorating and spending Christmas with James and having our own tree fills me with so much happiness. We have bought a sofa and have the nicest kettle, toaster and pots & pans. My mug collection could rival the mad hatters tea party and four huge tins of paint is ready to be splashed over the walls.

Just now I took a little visit to the house and it is starting to feel so real now. It is our dream finally coming true and I can't wait for all the adventures that James and I have to come in our new home.

In regards to a move in date, as I said there hasn't been one set in stone yet but I really feel like it is going to be before the end of September. Really - it has to be! I do not know what on earth is taking them so long to decide on a completion date. Not being a solicitor myself means I will never understand I suppose! But when I have people telling me it usually takes 6 weeks from buying to completion and it has taken us more like three months, you do start to wonder!

Aside from all the exchanging of documents and emails, we have slowly been stocking up on housey bits; utensils, towels, pretty decorations and crockery. Zara sale has literally been the highlight of my house filling spree and whilst it has cost me a little more than what I suppose is neseccary, I adore everything and can not wait to get it all out on display and in use!

So for now - that is my little house update! Hopefully the next one will be written on my gorge, squidgy sofa in my diddy living room in my OWN HOUSE eeeek!

Take care love nuts

xo

3 comments:

  1. Im so happy for! Just reading this made me excited - Better get a blog post of how you've decorated once you move in! You deserve it all X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! Yes I was planning to take photos of little snippets! Like a haul but with the things in action! Thanks again lemon sherbert! I hope you are well <3 xo

      Delete
  2. Honestly I'm so happy for you dear!!

    ReplyDelete