Monday, 21 July 2014

Wet n Wild | Walking on Eggshells & The Naked Truth

The Naked Truth

Walking on Eggshells

'Let me just swatch that for you' // excuse the horrifically unblog-fessional brown smudge :)


If you didn't know, I was a lucky little bunny and went to the beautiful Big Apple aka New York City for my birthday in March this year (read about it here). As well as being above and beyond excited for sight seeing and food sampling, I am not going to beat around the bush - the makeeeee uppppppp UGHHHH.


Having watched a good 20+ NYC hauls and seen Kassia's want list, I was dying to get into Wallgreens, CVS and the mother land... Sephora. One of my favourite things I bought whilst there and a product which I have used everyday since I have been back is the Wet 'n' Wild Walking on Eggshells eye shadow palette. To say the least, it is gorgeous. The neutral colours are subtle enough for day wear but can be built for a slightly smokier eye. This has become my go to eye without a doubt and I think I am going to be a little sad when I hit pan.

Walking on Eggshells consists of a beautiful, champagne-y pink, a rusty, slightly golden brown, and pearl white. All shades have a lovely shimmer and are yet to crease after application. The buttery formulation glides on a treat and gives such a silky, soft look to the eye. The brushes are also pretty darn okay too! Particularly the soft bristly brush, it is SO GOOD at blending the shades and softening the edges.

The second palette I bought is The Naked Truth. Again it has beautiful nude, natural, buttery shadows consisting of a silvery-grey, a matte skin toned beige, a dark matte brown and a shimmery chocolate brown that has lovely golden shimmers running through it. This is also a lovely palette, I particularly like the chocolate brown but feel WoE suits my skin tone a little better.

All shadows come with the trademark embossed 'names' or rather where the colours are intended for eg, brow bone, crease etc. I think this is such a cute touch and makes them look a lot more expensive than what they are - I only wish I picked up more!

xox

Follow Me

1 comment:

  1. Really great everyday colors... I might have to go out and make a sneaky little purchase!

    ReplyDelete