Monday, 7 April 2014

Tried & Tested | Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care

Thanks to a bout of terrible, unruly skin, I went on a little adventure to find something, ANYTHING that might sort these troubles of mine out!

Scouring the shelves of Boots, I came across Eucerin which is a brand I had kind of seen before, but never really took too much interest in. I thought it was about time to try something new as clearly my current routine wasn't doing me any favours and as the Dermo Purifyer range was on offer at half price I thought I would give it a whirl.

I picked up the Dermo Purifying Hydrating Care cream for roughly £5.00 on offer (RRP £9.50). It describes it self as hydrating care for oily, blemish-prone skin which is effective against blemishes. Claiming to mattify and refine skins appearance; with regular use could lead to a smooth, healthy-looking and clearer complexion. All of that for £5?! Whats not to love! I thought this would be an excellent day cream to fight off any nasties that my face might come into contact with throughout the day and to help banish any oil.

For a 50ml tube, I think you do get quite a nice, bog standard cream, especially if you pick it up in the sale or while an offer is on. I am not sure if I would feel 100% happy purchasing this for its retail price of £9.50 as I don't think it has quite reached its expectations. A little does go a long way however, and a small bean sized blob is all you need for a good, all over application.

In regards to reducing oil and mattifying my skin, I can't see a great deal of anything going on to prevent this. I am no more or no less oily than I generally would be but I don't consider oil to be of a real concern to me which doesn't give me much to work with for a review. If I had a slightly oily t-zone, this hasn't helped is what I suppose I am saying!

For spots, black heads, pimples and all those skin sins, I can't say it has done much for those either!! I would say that it has helped to tone down the severity of any spots I might of had and reduced the black heads that congregate on my nose but these haven't been banished completely. I still have those hideous, tiny bumps under the skin around my chin that won't budge even after daily use both morning and night.

I do think that my skin heals a lot faster from spots when using this. Whilst this cream hasn't stopped the spots completely, it has reduced the time in which I have to put up with their unwelcome tenancy on my face. I also have found that my skin does feel quite youthful since using the cream too. Now don't get me wrong, I'm by no means a wrinkly, old prune but the elasticity in my skins seems to have improved.

So would I buy this again? Urrrrrrrrm, probably not; mainly because I recently went a little crazy in Debenhams and have OODLES of skin care which I need to test out. For actual, helpful reasons why I think I won't be buying it again is mainly because it didn't do enough for the price. I did really like the consistency and the application of the cream, you also get quite a lot of usage from the 50ml tube and as a generic day cream or night cream used in conjunction with other lotions and potions it's pretty decent but nothing exciting enough to keep me coming back for more!

Have you used this cream or any Eucerin products? What do you think?








Feeding my MAC Blush addiction with my new Extra Dimension Blush in Pleasure Model // Thinking about signing up to GlossyBox? You might want to read this first // Catch up on all my adventures in New York City
 
Follow Me

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award, check it out here:

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete