Thursday, 3 April 2014

Pleasure Model | MAC Extra Dimension Blush


Sweet mother of Mary have I found a new love?!!!

On the hunt for 'Superb' by MAC, an incredibly gorgeous, highly pigmented highlight from the Limited Edition Extra Dimension range, which might I add I failed at miserably, I stumbled upon their Extra Dimension blush in Pleasure Model.  At first glance I wasn't overly convinced it would be the colour for me but with only one other shade available at that time I thought it would be the better of the two and went in for the kill.

On arrival, it wasn't half as shimmery as I had expected it to be but when applied to the apples of my cheeks, it gave such a healthy looking glow like I had gone for a brisk walk through the wilderness. It has quite a nice red undertone which I feels compliments my skin and adds a little more life into my complexion.

For what was quite a 50/50 buy, I am now so glad I purchased it. For £20 it could have been as pointless as flushing money down the loo but now it has gone right in at number 1 on my blush chart.  Even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my makeup looked the first time he saw me wear this - and if your boyfriend/male friend/dad/uncle/little brother/whatever male that is stereotypically retarded when it comes to beauty as James, then you will know that such a compliment is a BIG thing.



When it comes to application, you can easily get carried away as I find it is rather pigmented. I first used a really dense brush and ended up with a thick layer, but actually once blended out I quite enjoyed the deep flush it gave me. For a subtler cheek; I apply it with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush which I also use to blend it out ever so slightly in circular motions. I find that the Stippling Brush picks up just the right amount of product to build the colour without ending up having to take it off and start again because I've made myself look like I'm a powder blue eye away from the wrong side of the 80's.  I focus mainly on the apples and take it ever so slightly up onto my cheek bones, finishing with a dusting of MAC Soft and Gentle.

I would really recommend this blush particularly if you are slightly darker skinned or with dark hair and think it would look amazing for a neutral look with a tan for a pretty summer, pre holiday glow (St Tropez where you at?!) It goes really well with brown eye shadow which I have been reaching for when wearing this blush, in particular a bronzy, red shade which I find compliments it perfectly.

Have you tried any of the Extra Dimension Blushes? What are your favourites?









I finally said goodbye to GlossyBox. Read about our trials and tribulations HERE // Take a sneak peek of my little trip to New York City. // My current favourite nude lippy, MAC Myth

 
Follow Me

3 comments:

  1. All the extra dimension products look so darn gorgeous, I want them aallllllll.
    This looks so pretty on you babe.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this colour! I've been looking for the exact shade for a very, very LONG tedious time, ahha. I usually go for Natural Collection because that's the only cheap brand with perfect colours - Maybe I'll have to save up and try some MAC blushes!

    Great post as usual,

    Saranne x

    ReplyDelete