Monday, 14 April 2014

Crème de la Crème | MAC Crème Cup Lipstick





There isn't really an excuse as to why I splurged on yet another MAC product; I could tell you that I slept surfed and woke up to an email confirmation of Creme Cup in my inbox. But the truth is, I have just been hankering after this colour for a VERY long time and finally caved into the temptation

Creme Cup is THE PERFECT nude-ish pink I am yet to come across. Whilst I adore MAC Myth and constantly reach for it whether its for work or drinks with my friends, I felt my face needed a little Spring/Summer over haul and a slight flush of pink that Creme Cup has really fits the bill. I definitely think this colour is such a pretty nude for all skin tones; I've googled it and it looks amazing on darker skinned girls as well as the paler pretties among us. 

The consistency is super creamy and isn't drying on the lips at all. It is reasonably long lasting, a few hours wear tops but I don't know of many products of a similar formulation and consistency that lasts longer. If you are one for loads of tonsil tennis or copious cups of tea and want something that will withstand all the action, then this may not be for you, but overall I think a few extra applications throughout the day isn't really going to make me have a melt down -the colour is definitely worth it.

The finish of this lippie is definitely my favourite; cremesheen is 100% the finish of my choice. It gives the perfect shine to the lips but you could always amp it up with extra gloss on top if you are trying to signal SOS into the distance with the glare from the sun.

My overall rating of this lipstick would be 8.75/10 - I am pretty much in love with it! The only thing that I think would improve the lipstick would be the length of wear but for me this isn't too much of an issue. I shall definitely be repurchasing when the little minx runs out!

Have you tried MAC Creme Cup? What is your favourite shade?







In the market for a new day cream? Eucerin Dermo Purifyer might be the one for you?! // Finally got my hands on MAC Extra Dimension Blush in 'Pleasure Model' // I unsubscribed from GlossyBox - find out why

Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment