Thursday, 20 February 2014

Peach Melba | MAC Melba Powder Blush







On a recent virtual shopping trip I made to Debenhams to buy my Pappa Keabs a shirt for his burrrrfday, I tried extra hard to be good and avoid their rather large and tempting array of beauty products. It wasn't until I got to the check out that the dreaded postage and packaging fees made me feel bitter and twisted and totally against buying anything all together. Then that thing that your brain does happened where you decide it is the best thing since sliced bread to just add more to your basket to make up the amount needed to qualify for free P&P. Now actually, I do think this is a good idea, why pay for shipping when you are so close to the free shipping price when you can just buy a lip salve or a pair of socks - pretty much anything that is more exciting and gets you something for the same price you would pay in the first place. Oh dear I've started to ramble and go off track and possibly lose all sense of what I am talking about. Anyway.... in this state of hating to pay for P&P, I was lured in by MAC. The evil and beautiful place that it is and ended paying waaaaaay over the price needed.
Ooooh to live the life of a cheap skate.

I ended up going for Melba which is a really pretty, peachy shade. It has lovely warm tones which makes it perfect on its own but blends well when contouring. I haven't gone overly cray with the application in the above photo but the colour pay off is great for a delicate flush but builds nicely if you want something a little more noticeable. I have also added a little highlight on my chubby cheeks which I think looks really pretty against Melba and makes for a subtle, everyday look that is equally as nice teamed with dramatic eyes for a night of cocktails and dipping low.







Like my jumper, see it in all its glory in an OOTD // The perfect nude lip to go with a pretty peach blush - MAC Myth // Needing some new booties in your life, take a peek at my fave Doc Marten Serenas

Follow Me

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade blush, perfect for spring. I love your jumper, I tried to get this on asos but they only have larger sizes left, tempted to get it anyway! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this looks so pretty on you!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I've got this blush and absolutely love it. It looks lovely on your skintone :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blush looks lovely on you! Definitely your color <3
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete