Wednesday, 8 January 2014

OOTD | I love you like xo

After a bout of silence I must admit it does feel a little odd hearing the sound of my finger tips tapping away at my keyboard. I think I have fallen out of my 'flow' and a teeny layer of rust has formed over all possible exits for my creativity to come to me as naturally as it did two weeks ago. Nothing a little cillit bang and my old routine wont fix!

So with the first attempt at ridding my creative block, here is my first outfit post of 2014! YAY! It seemed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago that I was pestering my sister to take photos of me shaking my thaaang in our conservatory and I must say, I have quite missed it!






I love this black and white checked dress from New Look. I bought it a few weekends before Christmas, it was the last one I could find and luckily was in my size so I pinched it off the rail as quick as I could. I am unsure if it is still stocked online but I really like this alternative. Its really easy and comfortable to wear and I think it would look great on a night out with bare legs and massive, chunky shoes.

This green coat has been a staple in my wardrobe since I bought it a year ago from Jolly Brown which is a vintage shop in a nearby town where I live. It is such a versatile coat as it goes with so many outfits, is cool & breathable enough chucked on over a dress and tights but when teamed with a cardigan or jumper, this gem turns into a full powered radiator which is perfect for the cold English weather.

My booties are also from New Look. Again, I found it really hard to find the exact ones so here is a really similar pair. I have been after a heeled pair of boots for ages and am really chuffed with my choice. My momma treated me (and herself) to these for Christmas which was lovely - thank you Mum xx
The sole is really bouncy so makes for a really comfy shoe, plus the heel is nice and chunky so you aren't teetering around everywhere. The height of the heel is perfect for me for someone who wears flats on a day to day basis, the platform gives added cushioning too! I really love these and am certain they are going to be a new firm favourite!

To finish off this outfit I braved a bowler hat which I got from ebay for like £4. I didn't want to spend a lot as I wasn't sure if they even suit me - I am still unsure to be honest. I have such a flat head at the back with a pretty small forehead and this combination means that there isn't much head for a hat to cling onto aha!! The bowler hat kind of just perches there hanging in hope that a gust of wind doesn't come along and sweep it away for everrrr. I am still undecided - what do you think?







Missed my first post of 2014, read it here | Need some New Year saving tips, have a nose at some blogger savvy ideas in my Frugal Friday series | Get to know me better in my 50 Facts About Me

Follow Me

Vote For Me

14 comments:

  1. In love with this outfit! You look stunning. Do you shop at new look a lot? DM me your address on twitter and send you vouchers as my boyfriend works for them.
    Gorgeous post as always - don't worry yourself about having a bit of a blogging block it happens to everyone just carry on the way you are. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much! you are such a kind bambino!!! dm'd you honey boo x

      Delete
  2. Ah I love it! I've picked up so many bowler hats whenever I'm out but put them straight back as I'm not brave enough to wear them :( ha. Those shoes are gorgeous! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thank you, still a little unsure, its been too windy for it to stay on at the mo aha x

      Delete
  3. Love this from head to toe rheya!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you - so comfy think i might take the plunge with the black pair too! xxx

      Delete
  5. You're rocking that bowler hat ;D You don't look silly in it at all, it looks lovely on!
    I love your dress too, pretty sure I almost picked that one up too haha :)
    Looooking lovely as always m'dear! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank you!! Ah you sure? you will always be queen bee of the hat sitation!! Aha good taste then girl ;P xxx

      Delete
  6. I love all of this! And your conservatory looks so cool! Didn't even realise this is where you are. By the way hats really suit you your face is perfect for them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! You're looking lovely, and damn I love those shoes! X

    ReplyDelete