Wednesday, 11 December 2013

The 'Does It All' Mascara



If you are in the market for a new mascara my dearest readers, then sit back, get a glass of hot blackcurrant or what ever beverage takes your fancy, and get ready to put this onto the top of your wish list for Christmas (or just buy it yourself - its a bargain!)

The product in question today is Collection Does It All 5 in 1 Mascara. I am not really too sure what drew me to popping it into my basket, the packaging isn't anything special, I didn't look at the brush and hadn't heard anything about it to grab my attention.

A few days after it had been in my stash of things to try I decided to give it ago and put my in desperate need of replacement Maybelline Rocket Volum mascara in the bin. On opening the tube revealed a brush that could be twins with the infamous balled tip brush found in Benefit They're Real mascara. I am not going to lie I did have a little squeal of excitement.


As you can see the brushes are almost identical. When using the brush, there doesn't seem to be a difference in how the product is applied, Collection gets just as stuck in to those teeny corner lashes as does the ever popular Benefit. The stick is slightly thinner on They're real but this doesn't effect the application. Both have varied length bristles and to the touch they are equally as soft.

In regards to the packaging, I think Benefit does win, it looks classy in your make up bag and looks like you have paid full whack for it. Collection Does it All doesn't look like it would be anything fancy but really does do what it says on the tin and for a mere £5.00, whose going to moan at a little bit of tacky packaging - not me girlie!

Value for money wise, I feel I can justify coating layer upon layer with the Does it All mascara as I don't feel like I am wasting a luxury product where as I felt like too many applications of They're Real left me worried it wouldn't last long. The price automatically made me so impressed on first application as I couldn't believe a product so affordable could take preference over something that has been hyped up like crazy.

In comparison to longevity, I didn't think They're Real lasted as long as I had hoped - it seemed to dry really quickly and I started to use the brush dipped in to other mascara tubes. This worked just as well by the way if you love the brush but are unsure of paying the hefty price again! I have been using Collection for about 3 weeks now and it is working as well as it did on first application.

Unfortunately I wasn't a blogging babe when I used up Benefits They're Real so do not have a comparison of my lashes, but here is how Collection 5 in 1 looks on my with a rather reserved two coats.


I found it a little difficult to capture the length of my lashes in all their glory when wearing this mascara but can definitely tell a difference between others I have used - eye photography is not my forte.
For fuller and thicker lashes you can build this product nicely to create a more dramatic look which is great for nights of disco dancing and beverage sipping.

When it comes to bed time and you want it gone, it comes off well too. My usual routine of a cotton pad and make up remover does a fine enough job of swiping away the face of the day!

So really - I think I have done enough persuading, I think you should head out to Boots or Superdrug or wherever you prefer to buy your bits and try it for yourself! I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

And to all those that are dedicated Benefit junkies, it's not you, it's me. I felt it was time to go on a break and move on to bigger and better things - hopefully one day you will move on with me and in the process save yourself £14.50









Have you seen my November Favourites yet? Yep, this mascara featured in there too! | Needing some money saving tips? Check out my Frugal Friday series for all things money related
 
Follow Me

4 comments:

  1. Lmao my mum got a mini version of they're real for me like seriously ages ago and I still use the brush and dip it into other mascaras like you, I don't see the point in binning it! It's crazy how similar the Collection mascara wand is to Benefit's I love how you compared the two! I'm definitely going to check this out next time I see a Collection stand! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!
    whats the staying power like? Im really fussy with a mascara, I HATE having panda eyes! I dont want a mascara to go on all lovely and make my lashes all pretty then 3 hours later have dark circles under my eyes.

    Lucie // Fatbeautyx // My latest post ( Cocoa Brown 1hr Tan Mousse* Review ) // Vote for me in the #UKBA14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mascara is my number one makeup product so I'm always eager to try a new one. I think you've won me over-especially when I read the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this really looks like the kind of thing I'd need. Lucky for me my boyfriend lives kinda near to Superdrug while I am oceans apart in Mauritius. Ah, I finally know what next best gift I should order now. Thank you Reya :)

    ReplyDelete