Sunday, 8 December 2013

Tag You're It | The Sunshine Award



I do love a 'tag' me & today's post shall be just that! I was 'tagged' by the cutest little hazelnut on the planet - Collette from Shrewd Fox to take part in The Sunshine Award. You may of seen Collette pop up in my recent Frugal Friday Finale post where she shared some fab tips on Christmas present shopping and thrifty, creative gift ideas, if you've not had a mooch, I would highly advise it :P tehe.

So with every tag, there are some incy wincy rules which are... *drum roll please*...

11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers
Write 11 questions to ask them
And finally.. so they know to take part too, send them a cheeky tweet or some kind of notification to get your fellow beauts involved too!

So... on with the show :)


11 Facts About Me
1. Melon gives me an itchy throat along with plums, honey, cucumber, tomatoes, bananas and various other fruits
2. I really dislike odd socks
3. I was nominated as a gifted and talented student through out my school years 
4. I have a really deep hatred for wrists to the point where it is a phobia
5. My dream job would be to have my own little shop selling crafty bits, vintage gifts and other pretty curios with a room upstairs for sewing classes and all things creative
6. For about a year I had my own cupcake 'service' :)
7. I rode horses for about 3 years
8. My favourite theatre show I have seen so far is Oliver
9. I stand at a tall 5"11
10. Without a doubt and without hesitation I would move to the seaside, specifically Southwold in a heart beat. Such fond memories in that place <3
11. I met Scouting for Girls aha - is that even cool to admit these days?
To find out more about me - I have a whole post on 50 Facts About Me :)


My Answers for Collette

1. What inspired you to start a blog?
Urrrm, initially I wanted to start a YouTube channel but after deciding I felt a little uncomfortable talking to no one and didn't have the right equipment to produce anything of a decent quality, I decided I should venture into the world of blogging. So far - no regrets!

2. If you could steal one celebrities wardrobe who would it be?
I am about to completely ruin this question aha - there are so many chickas whose style is phenomenal however what would be the point in stealing their wardrobe when my little finger wouldn't be able to fit in them? By ruining it even further, I don't think I could pick just one female celebrity whose wardrobe stands out, I think I much prefer looking at normal girls and seeing how they style their clothes and the various trends.

3. Name one beauty product you are currently loving.
Pretty please can I have two? If yes then Collection Does It All 5 in 1 Mascara and dark, autumnal lipsticks.
If just one then I will go for the mascara hehe <3

4. What is your all time favourite song?
The Maccabees - Toothpaste Kisses

5. Name one thing you would like to achieve in 2014...
To save up enough for a deposit on a house (with change to spare for a fab holiday)

6. Essie, OPI or another brand. Tell me why :)
You can't beat Barry M nail varnishes! They have such pretty colours and so many sparkly & festive glitter polishes that makes me become a magpie whilst I browse their range. Plus on top of all of that, they are super affordable with deals on them usually flying around and they last just as good as more expensive polishes. Phew that was long!

7. Who is your favourite blogger/youtuber?
Hmmm, bebby do you mean 'famous' or non? YouTube is pretty easy for me - I LOVE Melonlady & Zoella but I think my all time favourite is Sprinkle of Glitter - I relate to her and her interests so so much! Plus she answered my question on one of her posts a few months back and I had such a huge fan girl moment aha!! For this reason, Louise is also my favourite blogger.
My favourite blogger, or should I say bloggers are three of the nicest girls I have met so far on my blogging journey, Collette, Saranne & Chanelle. These beauties have made me feel so welcome in the land of blog and have been so friendly, kind and supportive. Thank you girls for making my blogging experience such a joy!

8. Describe your fashion style in 3 words.
Pick and Mix :D aha - I always mix up what I like to wear and how I like to wear things. Sometimes I want to be really put together and other times I want to be a goth, so to solve that I just wear for the mood I am feeling in that morning.

9. Name one film that everyone should watch at some point in their lives.
Hmmmmm, this is such a tricky question! As soon as I read this question Up! automatically popped into my head, and as much as I do love this film I don't think its for everyone. I think everyone should see Shawshank Redemption - such a good film!

10. What tip would you give to someone thinking of starting a blog?
Stop thinking and just do it! There are so many 'what if's' I worried about before starting a blog; would people be interested in it, what would people I know think about it? What if I have nothing to write about? What if I am boring? And so on and so forth. The answer to all of the above is ultimately you are not doing it for anyone else other than for YOU. I completely get that a lot of the content people write about is in some way aimed at helping or guiding others, but in the sense of what to write about and if people will want to read, just write! Type away about the things you love and have a real interest in and will enjoy writing about then all the people with the same interests will find you! It may not be over night, but soon your followers will start.. well.. following and with a little extra time spent interacting with other bloggers, you too may feature as someone's favourite blogger like I did with Collette and when you do - the happiness and joy it brings you is amazing and makes you feel like all the time you have spent writing and rambling has been worth while <3

11. And lastly your favourite quote...
Its more of a section of a poem so I think this is a little bit of a cheat answer;

"I carry your heart here with me, I carry it in my heart".

Love that soooo much even if it is a little gooey and smooshey aha.


My Nominees
1. Chanelle | Chanelle Jade
2. Beth | Beauty In Beta
3. Gemma | Yummy Mummy Blog
4. Helen | Fragile Bird
5. Jade | Gracious Silhouettes
6. Megan | Maybe Its Megan Leigh
7. Lucie | FatBeautyx
8. Bex | Bex And The City
9. Jess | Coffee and Cosmetics
10. Leah | Painted Daisies
11. Kirsty | Taupe and Pearl


My Questions
1. What inspires you as a blogger
2. How do you fit writing (& YouTube-ing if you do that too) in to your life and around work etc?
3. What would your dream career be?
4. Would you change anything that you have/haven't done in your blogging journey so far?
5. Favourite Christmas/Festive tradition
6. New Years Resolution?
7. What are your three favourite pieces in your wardrobe?
8. What are you doing for NYE?
9. Laid back lounge wear or full blown festive frocks on Christmas day?
10. The best advice you have been given?
11. Tell me a random story of make believe and magic :) aha

Thanks again to the beautiful Collette for tagging me! I hope you have all enjoyed reading this post - be sure to leave a link to your answers if you have done one already. Sadly I could only pick 11 nominees so feel free to take part also - the more the merrier!







Need a new addition to your skin care routine, take a peek at some fab Dermalogica wonders that might fit the bill! | See how I style a beautiful Fred Perry shirt dress and Dr Martens | Fancy adding a few new bloggers to your reading list, head to my Bloggers Appreciation for a selection of glorious reads :)
 
 
Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment