Monday, 11 November 2013

A Winter's Sunday
























Yesterday, Sunday 10th November I decided to have a girlie day with my little sister. There are 10 years between us and although the age gap may seem like it can get in the way of us being friends, she is one of my most favourite people ever ever ever.

We donned winter coats and with my camera in tow went on a little meander through the country side just beyond my housie. The sun was out in all it's glory which made a welcomed change from the horrif rain we have had of late, this did make the ground a little muddy but what better excuse to put my Dr Martens through their paces.

After we had a woodland adventure, we headed to the big branch of Boots in my home town to spend some vouchers I had which were burning a hole in my pocket. I bought a few bits which I cant wait to try out and have a few bargains I want to share with you so watch this space for a little haul post or maybe several reviews - let me know what you would prefer :)

Sophie got a few bits too which she couldn't wait to try when we got in and was giving me a little run down on how much she liked them. Blogger in the making I think!

Oh yeah - I can't forget to mention that I had heard the first Christmas song played yesterday and for me that got me sooooo excited! I know it is a little early, but the run up to the big visit from Father Christmas is so exciting, I can not wait to buy all my presents and wrap them all under the tree with hot choc and cute slipper socks. Some say I will grow out of it - but year on year I get worse. Ooopsies!

Sophie and I came home for snuggles and films and settled on The Help. If you haven't seen it then I would highly recommend you do so, it is so lovely and gives such an eye opening perspective of what it was like to be a victim of racism. It is such a mix of emotions, I laughed, cried and raged at various parts of the film and so glad that it is available to watch on Netflicks!

Of course we paid our respects in honour of Remembrance Sunday by having our own moment of silence - I wore my poppy badge with pride and look forward to next year's service.


"All locomotion should cease, so that, in perfect stillness, the thought of everyone may be concentrated on reverent remembrance of the glorious dead"
- King George V
The day ended with homemade crumble, Surprise Surprise, X Factor and treat delivering to my Grandads house <3
Ps - Don't forget to take part in my Frugal Friday finale, please send all your money related tips and tricks along with any links you would like to include to pixirella@hotmail.co.uk or tweet them with the hashtag #FrugalFridayFinale. All enteries will be included in the last post to share tips with other saving squirrels and money minded monkeys.
Set your eyes upon my new fave frock, your peepers will be overjoyed! | Find out what Frugal Friday is all about in the first £££ introduction post | I posted my first ever Bloggers Appreciation, could one of my faves be you?!
Follow Me

3 comments:

  1. The photo of you and your sister is lovely :) I have a sister of a similar age and she is like my best friend also!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! looks like you had a fab time! :D Beth xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat a girly, chilled out Sunday! It's really nice you get on so great :-)

    Sophie xo soinspo

    ReplyDelete