Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Wednesday's Winter Essentials; Boogie Nights

Here is the third quarter of my Winter Essentials series. This time it is giving you ideas of what to wear on a night out, bag essentials and products that last when the weather is at it's worst.

To give a bit of variety, I thought this time I would give two outfit options which you can work around to fit your style, shape and budget.


In look #1 I have gone for a grungey animal print t shirt dress from River Island. I love the slouchy fit which is the kind of style I like to go for on a night out. I would opt for bare legs but for a more casual and dressed down look, this would look as equally good with sheer tights and converse.

A night out outfit isn't complete in my books without a pair of heels; these boots from Jeffrey Campbell will keep your feet warm and protected from the winter elements but will easily carry you into next summer.

For jewellery I went for this chunky bronze chain which I think compliments the dress perfectly.
With rings, I love to stack them up with different metals, colours and sizes, both of these beauties are from BlackTied. I adore the turquoise triangle, it is so so pretty and looks lush on all skin tones.

For a bag a clutch is an essential to keep all your bits safe whilst you shimmy shake. I love this one from H&M. I very rarely shop in there as I find it never really caters for my figure but I love the accessories and the design of this bag is quirky but a staple piece due to its simple colour choice. It also has a strap which is great for daytime wear.

With an outfit so heavy in black, I picked this beautiful lipstick from Topshop to give a little lift to the face and a contrast to the grungy dress and boots. I really like Topshop lipsticks, their formulas are really long lasting with great colour pay off.


Outfit #2 is a little warmer featuring this pretty velvet midi dress. I love the orange tones which give a real autumnal feel to the look. The longer length means you won't be bearing all the winter elements but still flashing a little leg for those who are anti tights.

Shoes are these HUGE platforms from Topshop. I really love the wooden base and think it compliments the orange tones in the dress perfectly. As they are a more summery style I thought these would look cute paired with these tasselled socks also from Topshop. I really like these, they are a nice, fresh take on the frilly sock that has been huge for ages now.

I have kept jewellery simple with this lovely gold skull bangle from Black Tied. I think this would look great worn higher up the arm particularly with a sleeveless number.

This clutch is a little more dainty and sophisticated than in the previous outfit. This River Island box bag has a strap with enables hands free drink swigging and disco dancing but can be removed for a more elegant look.

For lips I have chosen this deep plum colour, again from the Topshop lipstick range. I think this would look gorgeous with hair swept back into a slick pony tail or top knot with a simple eye and bronzed cheek.

Now onto my most favourite tanning product in the whole entire world EVER!
Yes I said everrrrr! Say hello to Tights in a Tin, a spray on, wash off tan that has the best staying power from any other tan I have tried in the same aerosol design. It lasts perfectly in light to medium rain and stays put flawlessly until the next day which is perfect for hung over or sleepy days where you just want to mooch but cant be bothered to get perfectly ready. I usually buy mine from eBay as the prices on there are really competitive. I find the best shade is medium glow however if you do buy dark glow and find it a little too dark, mix it with a little moisturiser for a deeper sun kissed glow all over your body.

Have you ever tried tights in a tin? Let me know what you think!







Check my picks to be Warm for Work in part two of my Wednesday's Winter Essentials | Skin feeling a little parched in the colder months, try my favourite Nip & Fab Mango moisturiser

3 comments:

  1. I really like the first outfit :)

    I just found your blog and i really like it!
    Kisses from Greece xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I love both of these looks sweet!
    especially look number one :)
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your choices Rheya! Especially look number 1! That bag is gorgeous.

    -Jade
    Gracious Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete