Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Wednesday's Winter Essentials; Weekend Warmer

And here we have it... the last but not least in my Winter Essentials series.
This post is a little inspo on what I will be wearing as we get stuck into the winter months, with cute skirts, chunky boots and rich, jewel tones.
So without further a do, lets get into it...


I want to talk about my favourite item first... this amazing, gorgeous, every positive adjective under the sun, skirt from Topshop. As soon as I saw it in store I knew I had to share it with you all. If you have read my blog for a while you will know I have a penchant for faux leather and what is more perfect than leather mixed with tartan? Not much in my books.
This would be so perfect for chilly days with tights as I have chosen here but also great for a night out.

I decided to team it with a deep blue shirt also from Topshop. I really love the colour of this shirt, it compliments the dark tones in the skirt perfectly but is a nice contrast to lift the dark leather.

To tie the outfit together, this plaited belt from River Island is really lovely. It is pretty enough to add a little extra interest but without detracting from the colours in the shirt and skirt combo.

To wrap up on winter walks and shopping escapades I chose this beautiful cocoon coat from BooHoo. The picture really doesn't do this piece justice but on the model it looks fabulous. I really love the black fur stole collar, I think it adds a really glamorous and expensive feel to the outfit without trying too hard. The grey toned blue really compliments the jewel tones in the skirt which I like too. The coat also comes in black which is nice and I think would look equally as nice with this outfit.

For a little vintage touch I chose this cute leather bag from none other than my accessory favourites; Zara.
It is such a lovely red toned brown that I think ties in nicely. I think black accessories would be nice but felt brown was a more autumnal alternative to lift the dark coat, tights and boots.

Talking about boots... these Vagabond's are phenomenal. Perfect day time height, chunky sole and Chelsea boot style, these have my name written all over them. They may not be ideal for ice and snow, but at least you will be able to walk through shallow puddles without compromising soggy soles, plus, when they look this good, are you even that bothered?! I think I would suffer a slip or two to own these beauties.

For make up I have gone for two options both from the MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick range which will keep your lips moisturised in the rain, wind and snow. I decided to opt for a pale pink in the shade Divine Choice for a more subtle, pretty look and a deep berry tone for the days where you may want to look like you have made a little more effort. This red colour is in the shade Lush Life.

And what would a winter outfit be without winter red talons. I love this Barry M Nail Paint in Cosmo. It is the perfect tone for both day and night, I also love Raspberry from the same range.

And that is that! I hope you liked the series and have taken a little inspiration away for what you want to wear and buy in the run up to Winter and Christmas or have seen a few bits you may want to add to your list. Mine are the boots - JAMES IF YOU EVER READ THIS, PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE <3

Be sure to let me know what was your favourite outfit out of all four posts and if you would like any other posts like this in the future?






Check out my other Winter Essentials here -> Boogie Nights / Warm for Work / Snug at School | OOTD; Sheer. ft. a beautiful bargain scarf


Follow Me
Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

5 comments:

  1. I love fall/winter for all the great fashion pieces they come out with every year. Those two Mac lipsticks look so pretty, especially the darker colour. I think I may just have to check it out next time I'm at a Mac store :) thanks for sharing

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat is gorgeous! Also love the deep red lipstick, lovely wishlist! xx

    http://laurecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I defo want that Barry M nail varnish that is such a nice colour for Autumn, great wish list hunny!

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now following you hunny x
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete