Friday, 18 October 2013

Tag You're It | Pucker Up.


I was 'tagged' by the beautiful and ever so lovely Leah from Painted Daisies to share my ever growing lip collection of sticks, glosses, balms etc, my favourites and most lusted lip products.

Much like Leah, I am going to put my hands up and say that although my collection is a tiny bit excessive, I always go back to a certain few colours that I tend to reach for everyday.



How many lipsticks do you own?
I would say a good 30 including gloss, chubby sticks and balms.

What was your first lipstick?
Seeing as I am 22 and I first started dabbling in make up about 8 or 9 years, my first ever lipstick is a little hazy. I would imagine it was some bright candy pink, horrifically glittery and goopy lip gloss.
My first memory of a lip product though is my mum's Body Shop lip scuff. I used to love it and would always use it when she would let me - they have changed their formula now and it isn't as gritty as it once was but I still adore it.

What is your most worn lipstick?
This is pretty dull and I am a little ashamed to admit its Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss. You can read my full review on this balm here.
After admitting I wasn't overly bothered after the HUGE hype, this seems to be a product I repeatedly reach for and has taken residency in my hand bag for quick swipes of hydration.
I also love L'Oreal - Coral and Floral, it's a really pretty pink colour that is really moisturising and has a lovely sheen. I tend to opt for this when I want to make a little more effort.

What is your favourite brand of lipstick?
I feel as if I would be a blogging/beauty traitor if I didn't say MAC but honestly... I don't have a favourite. I have such a vast collection of different colours and brands that it would be hard to pick one out of the many makes available, but having said that I do seem to have quite a few L'Oreal lippies floating about.

What is your favourite finish?
I am not familiar with all the 'finishes' available however I looooove Sheen Supreme from MAC. It lives up to its name giving a gorgeous sheen. I do love matte finishes too but they tend to dry my lips too much for me to bother purchasing any more to add to my collection.

What is the last lip product you brought?
Lush Mint Julips sugar lip scrub. Not only is it DELICIOUS, it actually does the job of buffing all the dry and unattractive bits off my smackers really well ready for balms and lipsticks. I like to use this before bed too :)

How many lip products (everything) do you have in your bag?
Funny that you ask as I recently had a massive clear out and had roughly 12 lip products in there, hardly ever using one! I now carry about three, a balm, a gloss and a lipstick if I have chosen to wear one that day.

What product do you use to rock a red lip?
I don't aha! I have yet to find the perfect red shade that suits me and it's usually the times that I have just randomly experimented after work that it applies well and looks decent, never when I actually want/need it to look good.

How do you store your lipsticks?
I have a large make up bag that is dedicated to lip products, I would love proper storage, Muji have some great drawers and pots that I would like to invest in but think I will save all these exciting purchases when the day finally comes that I fly the nest.

What lip products are you currently lusting after?
After using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream a few times after (very excitedly) receiving it in a GlossyBox, I have wanted to repurchase the full size. It isn't a glamourous item; it doesn't have an overly nice scent and there isn't anything interesting to its appearance but my lips feel amazing the morning after I have applied it!


It wouldn't be a tag post if I didn't then tag a few other beauties; here are the lucky few:

Collette | Shrewd Fox
Clara | Call Me Clars







5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me! It's a really interesting tag, I haven't seen this one before :) I'll be sure to do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how exciting thanks for tagging me I shall reply tomorrow! Loved reading this yay xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh can't believe you've got so many lip products! My version is going to be soo boring baha, I'll have it up tommorrow. Thanks for tagging me honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about not having found the perfect red lipstick yet! Your blog is really good (new follower here!) looking forward to more blog posts.
    DaisyAndMints

    ReplyDelete