Thursday, 24 October 2013

£££



Recently I have been trying to be more aware of my spending habits and thinking of ways to save a few extra notes at the end of the month. With Christmas coming up, I am pretty sure I speak for a lot of people when I say money is an issue. We don't have enough, we spend too much & save too little, go out for one too many pasta carbonara's and take a few taxi rides when really you can just walk.

Sooo, I thought I would do a money saving series with tips and tricks on how to save yourself a few bob to put towards that amazing dress you have had your eye on, for the car you have wanted for years or if you are like me and you want to move out into your own little nest. There is no harm in having a few pennies put away for a rainy day and I intend on doing my hardest to avoid unnecessary splurges so when the time comes to leave my current housie, I wont be entirely broke and can still enjoy myself without thinking, can I really afford that £3.00 magazine?

This series will run for five consecutive Fridays throughout November and will include things such as a spending diary, bargain finds, tips and pointers as well as all your savvy saving ideas mixed and shared all together on one page :)
And as I am an alliteration genius, I christen this series of mine Frugal Friday (we have already had Wednesday's Winter Essentials so it would be rude not to follow in suit!)

Firstly I want to know what YOU want from this series! I asked on my twitter this week if there is anything you are wanting to know about how to save or what you want to see, eg a spending diary or budget shopping trips such as a new outfit for £30 or a beginners make up kit for £20 etc etc. Let your imagination run wild and I will do my best to be as much help as possible.

To get involved simply pop your question or post suggestion in the comments below, via twitter or even on my instagram.

For all your tips and tricks you want to share on the final post of this series, please send your name, your saving secrets, plus any links you would like to include such as blog, twitter, YouTube etc to pixirella@hotmail.co.uk. Please ensure you get these to me by Monday 25th November to stand a better chance of being included in the post!

I look forward to hearing from you all!





Been nominated in the Liebster Awards? Check out my answers here | Nip & Fab Mango Smoothie Body Butter is my all time favourite, find out why! | Are you yet to try Maybelline Baby Lips - Tell me what you think over on my post

Follow Me

4 comments:

  1. looking forward to the upcoming posts with this one sweetie :)
    I need to stop splurging on unnecessary things or going for a cheaper option such as dupes etc. I could also do with a spending diary haha! I think I need therapy!! hope you're ok lovely xx
    looking beautiful as ever too x

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your frugal Friday posts Hun, very catchy name too :p
    I am all for saving money in general so any tips will be greatly appreciated by me & my bank acc haha.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great idea! I always think "surely one treat won't hurt..." and then it turns into a splurge ha oops
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I'm all for saving! Can't wait to see another post on it!

    Saranne

    blueeyedwithstyle.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete