Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Woman In Black.

 I have such a love/hate relationship with maxi dresses. Until now I have felt a little uncomfortable accentuating how tall I am in one long dress. They have rarely fitted me; always being too short and giving the impression they've had an argument with my ankles!

This dress was found in my favourite charity shop in Hunstanton. It is one of my pricier purchases from a charity shop at £5.00 but I really liked the simplicity of it and the length is really good on me.
The main event on this dress is the neckline, it has beautiful gold embellishments which make this piece look like its cost a lot more pennies than what I paid! It also has a key hole cut out to the back  which adds a nice touch. I definitely will be wearing my hair up when the time comes to unleash the maxi to make sure I show off the pretty details!



For shoes I have opted for my black suede and faux leather wedges from Primark. These are such a favourite in my wardrobe and SO comfy to dance the night away in!
I chose these as I wanted the dress and the neckline to be the focal point and chose minimal accessories and jewellery sticking to my gold Casio and contrasting polish on my toes.

To complete this outfit I would add a simple clutch bag and a few statement rings.
I think an ear cuff would look great with a dress like this, drawing the attention to the neckline to show off the pretty detailing.

Now to build the courage and find an event suitable to wear it!!

5 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in this maxi dress, really suits you!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!
    Love that dress

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    don't forget to enter my soap & glory giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beauty - i entered the giveaway but not sure if it worked? Im sure i will find out if i win or not aha!

      Mwah xx

      Delete
  3. You are gorgeoussss , lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete