Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Windswept.




In my previous post I wrote about the beautiful weekend I had spent in Hunstanton, Norfolk with my boyfriend but thought for all you nosey buggars (self proclaimed nosey parker myself - no shame) who love to see an OOTD or three I thought I would share with you what I wore :)
In the outfit pictured above I am wearing this really cute (and really short) off the shoulder dress from Asos. It has little straps as well as the slouchy sleeves and is so comfy and perfect for days like this where the final bursts of the Summer sun come out to play... But we are in England and rain is always around the corner so to play it safe I slung my genuine vintage camo jacket over the handles of my back pack. This is one of my most favourite buys EVER. At about... £12.00 from eBay I have already gotten my monies worth and will continue to wear it on days where its just a little too chilly for a cardie but too warm for a full on parker.
To save my dignity and embarrassment of flashing an innocent OAP I made sure I slipped on some denim short shorts underneath. This also added another layer of warmth when the sea breeze came full speed ahead towards my bear pins.
For shoesies I am wearing the famous strappy sandals that every blogger/youtuber/fan girl/breathing female has bought this summer from Primark. I don't need to tell those of you who own them how comfy they are and how easily they fit into your wardrobe. The little buckles add a nice touch of edge to an outfit and a little more interest than your average flip flop.
I wore my hair in a little bun with a French plait framing my face. This is my go-to hair at the moment, its so easy and looks like I have put ten times more effort into my barnet than what I actually have. Also it disguises hair that may be in need of a little freshening up for an extra day if you are feeling particularly BLERUGH about having to wash, blow dry and straighten your hair. No one has time for that everyday girlfriend!!
 
 
 
My second outfit consisted of a denim pinafore dress I picked up from Primark for about £13.00. Again it is a little short on someone who is 5.11" but as the denim is pretty stiff I will put my hands up and say no denim hot pants where worn underneath this bad boy. There is hardly any movement and drape in this dress so I was happy to brave it! It is quite warm too!
 
Underneath the pinafore I added this cute cropped blouse also from Primark. I love the pattern on this and think it will be a great piece to transition from Summer to the colder months. I really like the rolled up sleeves (please excuse my rebellious bra straps - grr)
Nail polish is Barry M Papaya which I am thoroughly enjoying wearing at the moment. It is such a lovely, vivid coral colour and one coat is all you need for a pretty decent coverage and colour pay off!
 
My glasses are from Boots and in my opinion are a great replica for the Rayban Wayfarer's that are three times the price. I think they suit my face quite nicely and can be worn as an accessory as well as to actually help me see what on earth I am doing!!
 
 
My final outfit of the weekend is my Boston Bears t-shirt I featured in a previous post. I have really grown to love this tee. It is so comfy and so easy to chuck on with jeans, tucked in to a skirt and in this case, with a pair of shorts.
Due to how oversized it is I am pretty sure the residents of Sunny Hunny probably thought I was sharing what my momma gave me but I can assure you that everything is nicely concealed.
 
When James wasn't looking I pinched his snuggly hoodie which he picked up from the Ralph Lauren outlet. It is so soft and cosy and just the right thickness for a day where there is still sun but a still little breezy.
 
I wore my hair in a poor attempt at a top knot but as my nanny would say, 'It's holiday hair' <3
 
For the whole weekend I used my little sisters black faux leather backpack from good old Toppers which she kindly let me borrow.
 
On my tootsies I wore my hightop converse and maroon socks to compliment the sporty/casual vibe in the upper half of this outfit. It was the perfect outfit to lounge in and was nice and comfy for our Monday roast lunch at one of the pubs in the town. 
 
My phone case featured in both snaps above is from eBay. It doesn't have anything to do with my clobber over the weekend but I think its still really pretty and better that the scabby grandma flap case I had before - all my friends will say how proud they am that I finally ditched that retched thing!
 
I hope you liked this little post on my outfits of the weekend! I was lucky enough to have the weather on my side so embraced having my legs out as much as I could. My plan to top up my summer tan didn't really pay off but at least I had fun trying!
 
Mwah.

15 comments:

  1. Love all your looks! I do the same thing you do and stick hot pants under short dresses haha, it's just incase, I'm 5'8" and things can be quite short on me too. I do not want to expose myself to innocent passers by, it would scar them for life haha!

    You also love Primark as much as I do!! I think we may have alot of the same clothes!

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :D
      I know, one gust of wind and that would be it, people fainting and gasping left, right and centre aha!
      YES! Primark is amazing most of the time - very rarely come out empty handed. It does have its poo moments but usually it delivers!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. You are so cute! Love the denim dress and that darling phone case! Sounds like an awesome trip!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party TODAY (EVERY WEEKEND!) on my blog. Not comfortable sharing? Stop by anyway for beauty related post and fun DIY projects. I hope to see you there! :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week. :)

      Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

      Delete
  4. Hello Pixirella, I love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can find the rules and questions here; blueeyedwithstyle.blogspot.co.uk Love, Saranne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your outfits are great! I do favor the first one a little more - it's super cute.
    dropping by from That's My Style Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Its great you saw me from the link party - its such a great idea isn't it!

      xx

      Delete
  6. I am in love the the denim dress, another tall girl too! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, made my day :)

    Belle xx
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely <3
    Visit my blog ?
    http://www.derepentenaotemidade.com/
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are relly cute !!!

    http://steph-annieblog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dungaree dress , sooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete