Thursday, 26 September 2013

Wednesday's Winter Essentials; Warm for Work



Welcome to part two of the Wednesday Winter Essential series this time dedicated to the hard workers out there. I do understand that the younger half of my readers may work in retail where it requires to show off the latest trends and the clothes you have in store or you may have to wear a uniform, but as an office worker myself, I thought I would try to incorporate this seasons trends with chic and classic pieces that will give you a pretty edge to the typical grey skirt suit.

I decided to put together two outfits that go with the faux leather top from River Island.
This is such an easy piece to pair with pencil skirts, tucked into trousers or layered under pinafore dresses for both in and outside of work which leads me nicely on to this beautiful skirt...

How nice is this skirt?! Topshop have once again done themselves proud with this gorgeous plaid skirt. It is no secret that it is a huge trend for this autumn/winter but will be great for the warmer months too! I love the deep colours and again is soooo perfect for a night on the town.

To keep yourself cosy on the commute to work is this lovely coat. I love the fit and style of boyfriend coats and really like the black panel on the collar. It is very similar to one that I picked up from Topshop a few years back and have gotten so much wear out of it. It smartens up a casual outfit and is in such a lovely colour that can be paired with so many pieces.
Onto the second outfit which is definitely the smarter of the two. I decided to go for this lush two tone blazer that would be great for meetings or to dress up trousers like the ones I have picked here.
I really like the contrasting panel which adds a nice addition of autumnal colour.
With trousers, I always wear skinny styles as I feel this flatters my figure the best. I know within the workplace that skinny styles may not be allowed but as long as they are obviously not made out of jean or legging material then I think you should be safe! These River Island trousers are ideal as they are in a smart enough fabric to wear to work but would look great paired with an oversized blouse or snuggly jumper to wear at the weekend.
To tie the colours of all the outfits together I chose these heeled moccasins from Zara. The beautiful deep green colour compliments the skirt and blazer perfectly. I really like the height of the heel also; being just a little heel you should be able to teeter around the office all day with out a problem.
Another item that ties all the pieces together is this gorgeous messenger bag. Featuring a deep blood red and a tan interior, it is perfect to not only combine the colours of outfit one, but will clash nicely against the green in outfit two.
For accessories I have chosen this glossy stole which adds a hint of glamour to both outfits. I really love faux fur particularly teamed with leather, I find the contrasting textures look gorgeous together whilst still keeping you warm. This black beauty from River Island is a little pricey at £50.00 but there should be loads of great alternatives at half the price if you search eBay.
Last year these where huge so there is bound to be a huge selection on offer throughout the high street.
To keep your hands warm I opted for these faux leather gloves that feature finger pads that enable you to use your phone or other touch screen devices without having to take your gloves off. I hate it when it is gushing down with rain or the wind is speeding toward you at 100mph and to do anything on your phone whilst being outside results in numb, red and sore hands. But not any longer! There are loads of variations on this design too, you can pick the basic woolly style gloves with touch pads at most discount stores!
Similar to my last Winter Essential post, I decided that a thermos flask is a must for those having to travel via public transport to get to work. In the morning, nothing is nicer than a hot cup of tea or coffee to get yourself going (and an extra way to keep your hands warm!) and it is a lot cheaper and healthier than buying a Starbucks. You can also make one for your journey home too! This flask comes in an array of lovely colours and is nice and streamline to fit into your bag without taking up too much room.
For a hot and healthy lunch, a favourite of mine recently have been these new noodle veg pots from Innocent. They have added 4 noodle pots to the already delicious range, two of which I have tried; Japanese ramen and my favourite - Vietnamese curry.
The range are all under 300 calories, contain 2 of your daily fruit and veg portions and are full of fibre to keep you going till dinner time. I would really recommend trying these, they are a little pricey at around £4.00 but on a particularly cold day, these are a quick, healthy alternative to soups and boring sandwiches! 






The first instalment - Wednesday's Winter Essentials; Snug at School | Casual OOTD ft Light Weight Jumper, add tights and you're good to go - Knitted.

8 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous F/W pieces!! I totally want that coat and the blazer - love the color blocking! And I really need a plaid skirt...or anything plaid...
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to last weeks "That's My Style" link party. I'm happy to report you will be featured tomorrow! :D

    Hope to see you again at this weekend's party.

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love his post, especially the tartan skirt! Your making me even more excited for autumn and winter!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, got here by the thats my style link party! Love this post!
    We also have the same amount of folowers - how weird haha
    www.geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that tartan pencil skirt !! Good picks :)

    A Forte For Fashion

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED THAT SKIRT! Awesome choices! You have such great style Rheya.

    -Jade
    Gracious Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete