Tuesday, 10 September 2013

The Perfect Weekend.











This weekend has been nothing short of perfection. James and I went to his caravan for a long weekend; we left for Hunstanton Thursday evening and arrived about 8.45pm, made a brew, made a nest under millions of blankets and pillows and had a cosy early night.

Friday morning I was awoken by James nudging me to get up for breakfast in bed - never a bad thing! He made sausage sandwiches with a cup of tea on the side which was lovely. When I finally got dressed, we headed into town with my umbrella at the ready for a little wander and took a detour to the supermarket to stock up on obligatory snacks and essentials se we could knock up a few dinners. I opted for ingredients for cream teas - mmmmyum.
The rest of the day was spent inside watching Pick Tv, reading Cosmo and playing scrabble <3

Saturday was ALOT better weather wise to which we took full advantage of by walking on the beach to Old Hunstanton. We visited the nicest shop called The Strandline whose owner makes the entire contents of the shop. She sells beautiful handmade gifts and decorations for the home and the shop it self is gorgeous! I could of spent the whole afternoon browsing her wears. I treated myself to a little mosaic heart which has been made out of vintage plates used to create the mosaic design. It is adorable and fits in my room perfectly.
Fish and chips are procedure when you are at the sea side and was Saturdays choice of dinner in front of X Factor with a cold glass of my fave Copella cloudy apple juice - so rock and roll!

Sunday saw the sun in all its glory - it was a lush day and was the highlight of the weekend.
To start the day we rummaged around the biggest boot sale in Hunstanton but for once nothing really caught my eye so I saved my pennies for other adventures.
The afternoon brought the main event - Mods And Rockers, a scooter and motorbike event held annually on the green in the main town. It was a lovely afternoon set in front of the promenade with lots of music, food and drink.
My favourite bike was a scooter covered in a paisley pattern. It was the coolest wrap on a bike I have ever seen and makes me want one of my own sooooo so much.
The evening consisted of watching the sun go down over the sea with a cup of tea in hand and my most favourite boy by my side. In that moment everything was perfect, I was so incredibly happy (and still am) and didn't have a care in the world. Moments like that which bring so much happiness in complete silence with just the world passing by are some of my favourites and something I shall treasure forever.

A trip to Sunny Hunny is never complete without a mooch round the local charity shops. As I have said SOO many times before, the ones in Hunstanton are definitely the best I have been in and my visit on our last day didn't fail my expectations. As always they were filled with bargains galore but all the things I picked up were either too small or too big - boo! So unfortunately I had to put them all back for someone else to snap up :( Never mind though - sharing is caring and hopefully it just means that other gems will be waiting for me next time.

The weekend was so perfect, I had such a lovely time and would even go as far as saying I had a better time on this trip than I did on our 'proper' holiday in Turkey earlier on in the year. I would definitely recommend anyone who is thinking of going to take a trip there - it is so laid back and relaxing and I returned to work today feeling fresh and rejuvenated! I can not wait till I get to go back to dip my tootsies in the sea and nestle in the cold!

 

9 comments:

  1. Aw I haven't been to Hunstanton since I was little, this brings back memories... Looks and sounds like you had a lovely time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, the photos are cute. I want to visit!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and the photos you take are simply wonderful! Do you do photography by any chance?x
    check out my blog if you get a chance 'www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear,
    would you like to follow each other's blogs on facebook and bloglovin? Btw, love your blog's design, so chic!

    Best wishes,
    Gabriella
    gabriellawolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the first time I come into your blog, I like it very much!I follow you now on GFC, if you like my blog follow me back, it'd be a pleasure for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hunstanton, i haven't been in so long! It really does look like you had a perfect weekend, beautiful pictures Sweetness, and i loved your outfit choices.

    -Jade x
    Gracious Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so cute, love the one of the sea! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. this photography is beautiful!
    sara x
    studs-on-saturday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it. Your blog is lovely, and I'm enjoying reading along. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete