Monday, 23 September 2013

Tag, You're It | Skin Care

Hello beauties... so recently I was 'tagged' by the insanely beautiful Chanelle Jade to answer a few questions about skin care.
I am relatively new to a proper skin care routine, I have stuck to a beauty regime for just over a year now and would not turn back to my care free ways.
So enough of the chit chat, here are my answers and tips:-
Describe your skin care routine in 5 words:
Easy, Quick, Feel Good, Pampering
What's your skin type?
Combination.
Top blemish zapper?
I am yet to find my holy grail spot eliminator. I try various products which work for a few weeks and like Chanelle Jade, I too find that after a while my skin decides it would prefer to have black heads and spots and orders me to go on another hunt to find a product to zap the ugly things!
At the moment I am using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which I rediscovered from the back of by beauty box. Used in conjunction with my exfoliator and cleanser it seems to really help dig out everything from my pores leaving my skin fresh and soft.
Face wipes, yay or nay?
YAY. I don't use these solely to take my makeup off, I use them just for all the remaining bits that might of escaped the giant pad drenched with Bioderma. My all time faves are the Daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes by Nivea for Dry & Sensitive skin. These have the typical Nivea smell which I love and take everything off easily without being too harsh and abrasive on my skin.
Toner, yay or nay?
Caught red handed - I own it, but I am forgetful with using it! I have heard so many mixed opinions on toners; they're good for your skin, minimising pores which prevents sebum build up, but also that they are stripping and are too harsh on the skin.
Due to having oily skin I do feel I would benefit from regular use of toner so have promised myself I would try to remember every day to do it at least once, either in the morning or at night. So watch this space, I am sure if I think the toner is doing wonders that I will write a whole post on the benefits and the results!
High-end skin care or high-end make up?
I love the luxurious feeling you get when you use high end products, unfortunately I am yet to venture into purchasing anything myself as I am scared to part with my money when it might end up being horrific on my skin. The products of the high end nature that I have used are all thanks to GlossyBox. I have tried some great products from these boxes but nothing as of yet has really grabbed my attention. I do try to aim for the higher end of the high street products that are available as I feel these are better quality and still leave me feeling pampered. Saying this, I have had the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel in my Selfridges online basket for quite some time now. If you have tried this be sure to let me know what you think!
What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried?
I can not for the life of me remember what the product is called, searching Google didn't help either and I only had a few samples that I used so don't have the packaging... but the most unusual product, or should I say ingredient of a product is... SNAKE VENOM!! Yep - I put the venom of a slithery, hissy reptile all over my face :| eeeek! I am not sure it did very much at all in the few uses I was given, but I am sure with every crazed product there are millions of reviews on the internet that you could look into.
Tell us your top skincare tip.
NEVER GO TO BED WITH YOUR MAKE UP ON!!!
I know that is a cop out answer and most of you should know the importance of this, but keeping your make up on at night after taking such good care of it in the morning completely demolishes any goodness you put into your skin. It needs time to breath so it is very important to ensure you have fully removed all make up and given it a good cleanse and freshen up ready for moisturiser and any other lotions and potions you like to put on.
This is my second tip; exfoliate and cleanse your face, twice a day if you can is a good idea to really try and banish any outbreaks or under the skin pimples.
I TAG:-
Katy May Louise | Katy May
Colette | Shrewd Fox
  



Read about my favourite cleanser at the mo;  La Roche-Posay Purifying Cleansing Foam | A fabulous find; Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post its soo useful!!!!!
    www.missgingerfirthy.blogspot.com
    Do you have any tips for shopping on a small budget? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun :) I think you may of just created my next idea for a blogpost so watch this space! Xxx

      Delete
  2. You are too nice! :) 'tag your it' reminded me of my younger days haha.
    This is such a great read, I'd love to know more about everyone's skincare and diet to see what causes a lot of people breakouts etc. if only they were a miracle cure for spots! I need to add some new items to my skincare regime I reckon :) Thanks for joining in with my tag lovely :D
    Chanelle Jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    don't forget to enter my soap & glory giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & I can't believe you had snake venom on your face!!!! :O haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love your blog sooo much so...
    I nominated you for a Leibster Award! Head on over to my blog to check it out.
    Here is the link http://thesusielusie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete