Sunday, 15 September 2013

New Fave; Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.



Let me introduce you to the latest edition to my makeup bag and new favourite, Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation.
I first saw this advertised last week and with claims that it controls shine, minimises pores and leaves the skin baby soft, I knew I wanted this straight away!

Firstly, lets take it back 6 years to when I was 16 and well into the addiction of make up. I used to LOVE Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and would repurchase and repurchase until I finally ventured outside my comfort zone to liquid foundation. I loved the consistency and the finish the mousse gave and hoped this Rimmel variation would match up to the expectations and memories I have from my teen self.

It does not disappoint! The consistency is really nice and soft; thicker than a liquid foundation but slightly more workable than previous mousses I have tried, the Stay Matte formula is lovely.
It blends really well into the skin and has a great coverage but is buildable if you prefer a thicker layer. I tend to use slightly more round my nose area as that is where I tend to get the most blemishes.
I don't use a brush as it glides perfectly over the skin with my fingers. You don't need very much to get an even coverage, roughly the size of a pea should do the job, I found that the bottle seems a little small but with this in mind I hope to get a lot of use out of it.

This product works so well with other items in my makeup stash such as my favourite Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. I dap this on top under my eye area and the combination of the two gives a beautiful soft and flawless finish.
I am not sure if Rimmel create their products to be used with one another but this duo has now become my daily favourite and has even put my old concealer and foundation out of a job.

I set this mousse with translucent powder and this ensures that this does not budge for the entire day. It really does do what it says on the tin and any shine that I may of had with previous foundations has been banished.

In regards to the shades, there are 6 available from which I chose Classic Beige. I find that this is ever so slightly dark with pink undertones for my skin but this is easily toned down with setting powder if needed. I think when I repurchase I shall opt for Natural Beige which unfortunately wasn't available at the time of purchasing my first tube.

I have thoroughly been enjoying my rekindled love for mousse foundation and for £5.99 it is a great, affordable product that I shall definitely be repurchasing. I would highly recommend this for all those starting out with makeup and even those who are looking at trying something new.





Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! Loving your blog - your outfits are so cute and this review was really helpful as I want to try this but wasn't sure of how good it would be!

    Followed!

    Collette xxx
    Shrewd-fox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah i am glad it helped you sweet - its sucha good buy, doesnt budge all day!

      Thanks for the follow

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Rimmel make brilliant products. I love their lipsticks and wake me up foundation. I havent tried this foundation, but I might try and get my hands on some- i love mousse foundation

    Lucy x
    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was nearly sold out in Tesco so definitely keep an eye out for it and grab it while you can aha!

      Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on this product, glad it works for you! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this, I got a sachet sample in my Glamour magazine but it was the wrong shade so it was hard to tell. Its great it is slightly thicker than a liquid and I do like mousse foundations and their finish. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - careful though your going to start me having a Rimmel makeup addiction haha. Now that two foundations on my wish list! :)

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I've been on a foundation RAMPAGE! My skin is really stubborn. I usually stay away from drugstore prouducts because my skin is sensitive but I'm going to give this one a try.

    Thanks!

    -Coquita

    Coquitavanagas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete