Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Thrifted.

I laaaaaaaaaaaaaarv charity shop hunting; finding a bargain that can be cut or changed to fit into your current wardrobe, experimenting with adding bits or taking bits away (shoulder pads - EW) and making it suit your own style is fun and way more cost effective than many of the high street shops! 






















 This blouse was about £3.00 in a charity shop in Hunstanton. Thanks to its largely OAP dominated population, the charity shops are busting at the seams with amazing finds. I really love the bright sea foam green against the dark navy and think it will be a great piece to transition from Summer into Winter.
I have paired it with a slanted, pointy necklace I bought from New Look a while ago. Usually I pop a necklace under a collar but here the collar is slightly lower than what the necklace would allow so instead, its on top. I quite like the tacky/chic element the gold gives against the stripes. Worn with simple but quirky pieces I think this is perfect.





















I added leather look leggings from TopShop which I think give a tough edge to the look and contrasts nicely against the blouse.
I looooooove these leggings, they are so comfy and go with so many things in my wardrobe. Definitely something I am going to repurchase when these get on their last legs. The only thing that I think let them down is I find they come up slightly short, however this is my own fault - I didn't spy them in the 'Tall' section so if you are tall like me it might be worth looking in that section first.


For shoes I opted for these gorrrrrge gladiator flatforms I found in the sale from River Island. They are so comfy and have a slight heel as well as the thick sole so are great for nights out disco dancing.
I really like the caged straps and think these are a nice alternative to the simpler flatforms around.
On my tootsies I am wearing a clashing neon pink by Models Own (coming up rather orangey/coral in the snap). It is a true highlighter pink and looks fabulous against all skin tones.






















For accessories I chose my gold thick strap Casio watch that I am so so so so in love with. I also have the same in silver and was lucky enough to find an orange one in a charity shop in my home town for the absolute steal of £2.00. That was my life made!!!!
My clutch bag is (again) from another charity shop from sunny Hunny for like £1.00 (?!)  but is originally from Clarkes. Never did I think in my older years would own anything from dreaded Clarkes. After being subjected to their shoes from a young age and dying for my mum to allow me to wear something from a 'cooler' shop, I think I vouched never to own anything from there again. And here I am with the cutest navy clutch.
The piping is a deep bottle green colour with a two tone green and navy bow. I thought it went quite well with the blouse and added a pretty touch against the leather look leggings and caged shoes, Its quite small but has plenty of room for the essentials plus a strap that is on poppers so you can wear it across the body if you want to.

Ta ta for now | xx

twitter | instagram

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Great post! I really like your outfit and the pictures! I love the bag. I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin, please check out my blog and if you like it you can follow me too. Lets keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you for the lovely comments and following me - means alot :) I liked your lipstick post, shame they are so drying though! You should try the chubby stick lip stains, very moisturising and long lasting colours! Xx

      Delete
  2. I can't believe this is thrifted! It looks straight out of Zara. I've gotten some great finds from thrift/vintage stores as well, but for the most part, our city has a very limited collection!

    BTW, you've got a great blog! would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the lovely comments, so happy you think it looks Zara-esque! I have followed you on BlogLovin, I loved your dress with the feathered skirt over the top - very creative! Take care x

      Delete
  3. Hi, i've nominated you for the Liebster award, I'd be great if you took part. All the details are over on my blog :)

    http://katiemaylouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    love katiemay xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK thank you for nominating me!

      lovelovelove /xx

      Delete
  4. What a great top! love the graphic lines. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sleeve length, i think its so flattering ! you are so pretty! xxxx
    http://laurecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt is AWESOME. Great find! It looks amazing with those liquid leggings :) Plus, that's an awesome photo location!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thrift shops! The shirt is awesome and I love your blog +1

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's different from what I would wear, but I really like it. And you styled it beautifully. Stripes are always classic in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! I simply adore your photos! They are gorgeous and you are so cute!! Loving this outfit and your HAIR!!! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete