Saturday, 24 August 2013

Summertime Sadness.

Sigh. As soon as I settle into the warm weather, shove my coats and jumpers to the back of my wardrobe and let my feet have an airing in sandals and sling backs - the rain starts pouring, the cardigans make an appearance and the longer I spend in bed with a mug of tea.
 
I won't complain though, Autumn is my favourite time of year and I am not going to lie... I am quite excited at the prospects of being able to wear my favourite coat again. And boots. And mittens. EEEK hats, and scarves and gloves. Yeah, I like the cold.
 
So as I start to get back out the more suitable attire for the English elements, I thought I would share with you bits I have my eye on in preparation for the transition from Summer to Autumn.
 
 
 


Leather Jacket - £298.00, All Saints        Chelsea Boots - £110.00, Dr Martens        Dress - £55.00, Topshop
Tartan Tee - £30.00, Topshop        Watch, £125.00, Ted Baker        Bowling Bag £29.99, Zara
 
 
 
So as you might be able to tell, I am quite fond of black. Black leather to be precise.
I am not some kind of fetish lover, but it goes with anything and everything. The pieces I have chosen are perfect for the bazaar weather England experiences this time of year when it is still warmish but wet and miserable.
 
The first dress I picked is from good old Toppers. I think it is so pretty - the pattern is really eye catching and is so versatile; it can be worn bare legged with heels for a night on the tiles, with tiggy tights for dinner and with boots for shopping. The black panels go nicely with the geometric pattern and the colours still enable you to wear either bright or tonal accessories. I think this would be perfect teamed with the jacket and wedges or boots and a thick knit cardi.
 
The boots I picked are something which I have been lusting after for sometime now. Dr Martens have been on my wish list for forever and these ones are a classic style and shape that I think are made to be worn to death with winter walks and trips to Cambridge <3 <3 I thought these would look great teamed with the dress and a pair of socks for warmer days/nights where you want to give a bit of edge to your outfit but would look equally as good with a jumper and top knot. I also love the cherry red versions of these Chelsea Boots and would find it very difficult to have to pick just one, the shape is perfect for all outfits, with dresses, shorts, tights, leggings, jeans, skirts. The possibilities are endless, plus I have heard they are the comfiest things ever - my dad wears his as slippers?!
 
The next two items are lush in their own right, but I think the combination of the red check and the quilted faux leather skirt is so chic. Pair this look with strappy sling back heels and you're good to go straight from the office to a  strawberry daiquiris. Be careful what accessories you pick with an outfit like this, too much leather can be overkill and you could look like Madame whiplash. Opt for suede with gold hardware to compliment the orangey/yellow tones in the top. For a more casual take on these pieces, team the skirt with a thin jumper and loafers or brogues for a geek chic vibe. The top can be paired with anything in all seasons but I would go for rolled up high-waisted jeans and a leather jacket for an effortlessly put together look.
 
Speaking of leather  jackets - the perfect shape, texture, shine and overall design is something which I am ALWAYS on the look out for and I think I may of found it. This All Saints beauty will set you back the grand sum of two hundred and ninety eight British pounds - so isn't something I shall be buying five of, but look how pretty it is! I think it a leather jacket is definitely a wise investment in anyone's wardrobe. Since I bought my first one at the age of 16, I have worn it to death. Trends may come and go but a trusty leather jacket looks great with everything - I have worn mine on nights out, on casual lazy days to concerts to dinners - it is my go to jacket that keeps me warm on chilly evenings and brings a tough element to any outfit.
 
And last but not least; accessories.
 
Who would I be if I didn't head straight to Zara for an amazing bag?
Whilst I am not the biggest fan of the actual stores, Zara's website is brimming with beautiful accessories that I add to my online basket where I can spend hours fantasy shopping. I love the chain detail on the handles of this gorge bowling bag - it gives a little more interest than what a plain black bag would give, plus I love the versatility of being able to wear it either in the crook of your elbow or across the body. And for only £30.00, what's not to love?!
 
To complete an outfit, I like to add a watch. I don't care if the time is right or if it has broken entirely. A watch looks so classy and here I have picked a Ted Baker gem found in the Asos sale!
I think the silver/black shade compliments the darker tones worn in A/W whilst the gold detailing enables you to wear both silver or gold jewellery.
 
So yeaaaah - I hope you like what I have picked and it's given you some style inspo as the weather gets a little chillier! Let me know what you have your peepers on as the summer is on it's way out.

 
Love / xx
 
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love all your picks, I want them all for myself!!

    I'm your newest follower by the way :) Looking forward to reading more posts :)

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am glad you like them.
      Of course, I love a little nose!

      love // x

      Delete
  2. Great wishlist , love it all x

    ReplyDelete