Saturday, 17 August 2013

HYPE; La Roche-Posay

A brand that has been hugely hyped amongst the world of YouTube and the land of blogs is La Roche-Posay, in particular the Effeclar Duo, a serum type cream that claims to correct and unclog the skin.
I have purchased and repurchased this twice now and whilst I do think it is a good product that sinks into the skin quickly, enabling appilcation of other lotions and potions, it's a sister product that I think deserves a huge round of applause.

The product I think ya'll need to go out and spend a tenner (or round about that mark depending on where you shop) is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for oily, sensitive skin.

I can not recommend this product enough! It was a fluke buy whilst on the hunt for other La Roche-Posay products and as there was some kind of offer on at the time, I felt it was justified why I should be putting it into my basket. This was at least 6 months ago and it sat on my shelf until the cleanser I was using and loving at the time finally didn't want to produce any product anymore.
I debated buying another one (why do the brains of females work like this? Hoarding new/half used products only to forget about them - where is the sense in that?!) but instead I thought NO! Stop wasting money and start using the damn products you have already!

I first used it about a month ago and on first impressions there wasn't anything overly spesh about it.
The smell is faint, nothing offensive which is nice when its something you are about to smother all over your face. I won't go into what has emerged into my little gross head of mine, ha!
The texture and appearance is pretty bland also. A simple clear gel which when rubbed between wet hands turns into a silky foam.
You don't need much, roughly the size of a one pence piece - a little goes along way (always good when trying out a new product you are unsure about, spending £10+ on something you've never used before, you want that bad boy to last!)
This then leads me onto the size of the product. At 200ml, I feel there is a lot of product inside and as a small blob is all you need, I think this little chap will be making it's home in my shower for a good few months!

I use it every morning when showering and in conjunction with an exfoliator every other day.
Sometimes (meaning when I remember) I use it with my Botanics Face Brush from Boots on days where I feel my face needs a little more tlc.
It washes off really easily and doesn't leave any residue or tackiness on my face that I have experienced with cheaper cleansers and leaves my skin feeling nourished, clean and soft.

I suppose I need to mention the type of skin I have in order to actually benefit anyone who is thinking of purchasing this.
It isn't sensitive.
But it does have oily tendencies which is highly annoying when I plaster my face in makeup only for it to start sliding off an hour later.
I would say however, that my skin can get slightly dry, especially in the colder months particularly around ones nozza and I suppose the 'sensitive' element of this cleanser has helped in this sense.

So has it stopped my skin being an oily sludgey mess? I am going to sayyyyyyyyyyy, yes! On the most part I would definitely agree that the oil has been tamed and I now feel comfortable walking around for more than an hour without the need to blot or powder my face.

But the real reason why I have fallen head over heels for this gel is... ta ta blackheads!
Since using La Roche-Posay Purifying Cleansing Gel, I have seen a dramatic improvement in the amount of blackheads around my nose and chin.
I wouldn't say they were overly bad to begin with but definitely visible on close inspection.
Now they are extremely faint and near enough gone on my chin and on my nose... well this is still a working progress but 10 times better than a month ago. So onwards I shall scrub, rub, cleanse and exfoliate and continue shall I be purchasing this cleanser!

Thank you La Roche-Posay you little gem / xx

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I definitely need this gel in my life!!

    Love Emily x

    Handfulofemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek thank you :)
      Yeah give it a go, really worth it! Let me know what you think xx

      Delete
  2. Ugh I hate blackheads too! My mum says that i've been 'blessed by god' because I don't get spots at all ;))

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha lucky girl! I once had clear skin, then i made friends with chocolate!! xx

      Delete