Monday, 26 August 2013

Alright Aubrey

Can we all just take a moment to let it sink in just how nice these boots are?!

These beauties are the Aubrey boots from Topshop. It was love at first sight and they had to be mine - I have been trying to find a cool chunky shoe that I could wear both in the day and night for ages and was debating taking the plunge with Dr Martens (dw, you will be mine one day!) but these are just divine and the golden clasps sealed the deal for me. At £75.00 they are a little pricey but for real leather and it being from Toppers, I think this is a standard, reasonable price.

Usually I try to avoid clunkier boots as I have quite long gangly legs with long feet to match and sometimes find they make me look horrifically out of proportion, giving me scrawny sparrow ankles. With these though, they sit perfectly at the top of my foot and flatter what my momma gave me.

In the shop I tried them on with tights and a dress and thought they looked lush - instantly dressing up my casual outfit. Once buying them and getting them home, I tried them on with my infamous leather leggings and a plain t-shirt and fell further in love. In the end I settled to paring them with black leggings, a blouse and my favourite Zara bag for dinner with le lover.

The chunky heels and slight platform makes for a very comfy shoe although wearing them in the day does take some getting use to. I kind of  feel like a toddler who has sneakily stolen my mums heels, trying to teeter around her room. I feel all arms and legs trying to walk like I would in flats.. but I am sure I will get used to it, and with something so pleasing to my eyeballs nestled on my feet, I am more than happy to give it a good try!

The Aubrey's have a handy zip at the heel which stops you having to undo the pretty gold clasps when taking them on and off. I love the stud detailing that secure the straps to the main bulk of the shoe, they feel very sturdy and I think these will be great when it gets a little wetter and colder in the Winter.

For the moment, the cut out detail lets me embrace what is left of the summer by teaming these with pretty dresses or leggings and grungy t-shirts. I will no doubt be including them in future outfit posts so watch this space! In the mean time, click here to see what Topshop have paired them with. 

Love // xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. these boots are gorgeous, i'm always wary of topshop shoes because my cutout boots from there hurt so much but these sound fab!
    sara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Uh Oh - i hope these dont :|
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Love love these boots! I'm on the hunt for some cut out ankle boots!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee thank you :)
      Topshop have a few others in at the mo - should take a look! And I have heard New Look are decent too! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love these boots! I really want some cut out boots like these, I'm seeing them everywhere!x

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are gorge arent they! Sold out on the website so keep your eye out in store! x

      Delete
  4. Loving these boots. I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TOMORROW (every Friday). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Owh I missed your post unfortunately but will definitely check out your blog!

      Love x

      Delete
  5. Love the shoes !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete